Monday, July 4, 2016

This Is Hands Down The Biggest Challenge In A Blended Family

This Is Hands Down The Biggest Challenge In A Blended Family : Tips and Steps:

What have been some of the biggest challenges you've encountered as a stepparent so far?

Communication is hands down the biggest challenge in blended family life.

I would say about 95 percent of the issues that result from co-parenting and blended families are related to a communication error.

When there's other parents, you need to have strong communication or everything else will fall apart.

There was one time when I was trying to be helpful by picking up the kids early on a Sunday.

I wasn't aware that it was their stepdad's birthday.

The kids' biological mom Stephanie thought my husband knew.

Stephanie assumed I knew this as well and thought I was trying to be rude and ruin their plans.

This caused a huge fight. All that would of been avoided if we all communicated with each other.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/this-is-hands-down-the-biggest-challenge-in-a-blended-family_us_5762f64fe4b0df4d586f90dd?section=australia

No comments:

Post a Comment