So many families today are "blended" with new marriages, children from previous marriages, and for the sake of the CHILDREN this book provides pivotal information to help parents and step-parents deal with the everyday problems that are most common and in need of resolution.
This book covers areas such as: "Mistakes are Opportunities to Learn" as opposed to just go on making more mistakes that can ultimately but unknowingly hurt the children. Open and healthy communication with the natural parent of the children; Taking children out of the middle; treating the other parent with respect; Avoiding alienation; "Don't be a Disneyland Parent;" Nonverbal communication; "If the adults are creating conflict - stop it!" "If the child is creating conflict - Understand it!"
Even if you learn just one thing that will make a positive difference in the psychological health and self-esteem of the children, or learn a new method of positive discipline that will help your child overcome a negative pattern, this book is worth buying.
This book is especially useful for families where there is a communication breakdown, either with the children, or either of the natural parents or step- parents. Highly Recommended!
Barbara Rose, Ph.D. author of Stop Being the String Along: A Relationship Guide to Being THE ONE and If God Was Like Man
- Stepparenting - 9 Dos and Donts
- Stepfamily Discipline Issues - FamilyEducation.com
- Watch Your Step for Grandparents | Claire N. Barnes, MA
- Sisterhood of Stepmoms
- The Smart Stepfamily
- How children adjust to blended families - Guide to Step-parenting and Blended Families
- Tips for a healthy blended family
- Ex-spouses and stepparents - Can they get along?
- Kids chores in blended families
- How to Be a Successful Stepfamily