Monday, June 4, 2012

Review of The Stepmoms Toolbox Discussing The Secrets to Stepfamily Success

Gloria Lintermans is author of the book, The Secrets to Stepfamily Success. I have not read it yet as I have barely finished a book, but plan to pick this one up very soon. I'm looking forward to it after hearing her discussion on The Stepmoms Toolbox blog-talk radio.

The most significant point Gloria made was the importance of mourning the loss of the first family. Both children and parents need to expend the energy to mourn in their own way. Gloria gave several phases of the grieving process. Per the chapters in her book, I'm looking forward to reading suggestions of how. I'm confident this grieving process can also be used in the situation of a death of a spouse (parent). Gloria has gone through that personally. One detrimental effect of children not properly mourning the loss of their first family is defiance or anger. Please keep this in mind if you have a child or stepchild acting out or being disobedient.

Stepfamily Australia - http://stepfamilyaustralia.posterous.com - Gloria Lintermans is author of the book, The Secrets to Stepfamily Success. I have not read it yet as I have barely finished a book, but plan to pick this one up very soon. I'm looking forward to it after hearing her discussion on The Stepmoms Toolbox blog-talk radio. The most significant point Glor ...

No comments:

Post a Comment