Saturday, June 2, 2012

Research Project - Stepfamilies in Africa

Does not matter where you live, stepmothers face the same issues.

I am doing Masters in Social Science at the University of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. My study is exploring experiences of stepmothers in African families. I would like to request those who have conducted studies about stepfamilies, particularly stepmothers, in the African context to share with me their work.

Click here to read more

Stepmothers often appear to receive less support from anyone for their step-parenting efforts including their spouses, friends and families.


Stepmothers have been found to lack support infrastructure and role models to look to and measure their success. This can be attributed to stigma associated with the ‘wicked stepmother’ stereotype.

As a result I have chosen African stepmothers (within Zulu culture) as the focus of enquiry because there is a need to create voices and perspectives from the African context, as there is very little if any
documented voices of African stepmothers.

Stepfamily Australia - http://stepfamilyaustralia.posterous.com - Does not matter where you live, stepmothers face the same issues. I am doing Masters in Social Science at the University of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. My study is exploring experiences of stepmothers in African families. I would like to request those who have conducted studies about stepfamilies, ...

No comments:

Post a Comment