Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Step-grandparents - being one, having one

I have seven grandchildren. I watch with amusement people’s reactions when I tell them that I have grandchildren blood-related to me, grandchildren blood-related to my husband, and grandchildren that aren’t blood-related to either of us.

When my son announced that he was marrying a single parent with two children, Tony and I realised that we had a choice. Should we accept these children as our grandchildren, or should we treat them differently to our other grandchildren?

No doubt the children’s mother wondered how we might react too. And would the children want two more grandparent figures anyway? And what are the children going to call these new step-grandparents?

Read more...Stepfamily Life

Stepfamily Australia - http://stepfamilyaustralia.posterous.com - I have seven grandchildren. I watch with amusement people’s reactions when I tell them that I have grandchildren blood-related to me, grandchildren blood-related to my husband, and grandchildren that aren’t blood-related to either of us. When my son announced that he was marrying a single parent wit ...

No comments:

Post a Comment