Parents can face problems adjusting to their new family, including:
- One or both partners may bring hang-ups and unresolved feelings from their prior failed relationship into the current situation.
- Disciplining someone else’s child can cause resentments.
- There could be unexpected problems with child maintenance or access visits.
- The partners may have conflicting visions of family life or different rules for the home.
- A parent/partner may not like their partner’s children.
- Even positive change can be stressful.
blended family - stepmother - extended family - stepchildren - brady bunch - stepfamily definition - stepfamily statistics - stepfamily help - Stepfamily Association of America - stepfamily articles -stepfamily forum -stepfamily issues -christian stepfamily - stepfamily books - Stepfamily Australia Stepfamily Zone Forum - Step Family Issues - Stepfamilyzone - Step Family Zone Forum - Step Parents Rights Australia
Better Health Channel
The Better Health Channel (BHC) provides health and medical information that is quality assured, reliable, up to date, easy to understand, regularly reviewed and locally relevant. BHC does not have any advertising or sponsorship and is fully funded by the State Government of Victoria (Australia).